Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nerd Love

Crazy Train (of thought)

I agree with those who say J. Howard Marshall had a right to marry gold digger if that’s what he wanted to do. I also believe that those who marry for money usually end up earning every penny.

I think it’s a shame more people would rather watch car chase coverage on the news than a presidential address.

Who are those daredevil idiots who try to snake their cars across three lanes of traffic to make a left turn rather than go one block to the right and make a U-turn at the traffic light?

Meagan seems a bit disturbed a salesgirl at Victoria’s Secret knows me by name. Hey, I like to bring home a little sexy something-something for Jill now and then.

Marital Bliss

Jill thinks we have Nerd Love. Linley agrees with her. I’m not sure how I feel about this….

Kid-bytes

I’ve learned that if the conversation with your daughter lulls, ask what’s going on in Desperate Housewives. She’ll talk so much you’ll want to take a nap afterward.

Today’s Rant

I had a conversation recently with someone who thought the “wealthy” have a moral obligation to pay a higher percent of the US tax burden because they are better able to provide resources for the “less fortunate.” Moments later she started telling me how she has learned to take advantage of certain things to minimize her own tax liability. So in other words, “You should pay the taxes needed to fund the social programs I endorse, but don’t ask me to do the same.”

Book Report

My new book, “Life Maps: Simple Directions for Finding Your Way,” arrived on the doorstep yesterday. It is a beautiful book about all the little lessons a parent hopes to teach a child before he or she leaves home. I read it and fell in love with it; its message is so deeply personal and emotionally powerful to me. Meagan and Linley didn’t read it but instead inspected their photos with a magnifying glass and complained about their blemishes, which to me were not noticeable but to them were larger than our house. Jill stopped at the photo of Princess, and mesmerized, managed to say through tears of joy, “Princess, you need an agent!” Such is life at home for an author.

No comments: