Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sweet Hearts

Crazy Train (of thought)

The name of a song Linley just bought for her iPOD: “There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet.” Oh joy; this is what I get to listen to on the way to school!

Am I really that busy? Let’s see – I’m negotiating a permissions deal with ABC News, finishing the photography for book #16 in my series, finishing the revision of a novel my agent is anxious to get, working on a photo show for my gallery opening in July, arm wrestling with the trucking company’s insurance adjuster, serving as short-order cook in the mornings for my three women, monitoring for hints the dog needs to go outside, interviewing for a new maid, taking care of the details for the surprise Mother’s Day events we have planned for Jill, teaching Meagan how to balance a checkbook, and on and on….

So what’s this about ABC News? This is what I hinted at yesterday – Good Morning America is featuring a special program about mothers and sons for the Mother’s day, hosted by Bill Weir. It will run tomorrow morning and Sunday morning, and will include (drum roll) my photographs from the Why a Son Needs a Mom book! Could this be the big national break that finally gets me in the Top 5 on the New York Times Best-Seller List? My fingers are crossed, how about yours?

Marital Bliss

I tell you, it is the little things that count, that add up, that are remembered for a lifetime. What am I talking about? I make breakfast for the women as they get ready for the day. Jill likes an egg & bacon burrito. I put it on a paper plate so she can take it in the car if she is running late. Today I took a red marker and drew hearts on her plate while the coffee was brewing. She came down stairs just as Linley and I were getting in the car, and I heard her squeal of delight when she found her plate. In spite of my long task list, I will smile all day long knowing I made her happy today, and knowing she will in turn make me happy tonight.

Kid-bytes

Meagan, sweet little bug, saw that I was stressed yesterday evening, and in an effort to help me, surprised me by gassing up my car, washing the dinner dishes and a few other little chores for me while I drove with Jill to the church to pick up Linley. What a honey. Love you darling!

Book Report

I got this note this morning. I love it when the Greg & Jill love story sounds familiar to others, that they find something in common with us, that their own love story is as poignant as ours, and that the book I wrote for Jill is worthy enough to serve as a symbol of the commitment others share:

“Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed the book “Why I Love You.” I was in the store today shopping for something else and I happened to look down and noticed it sitting there. I picked it up and read it cover to cover and loved every bit of it (including the introduction). I bought a copy for my husband who is currently serving in Iraq. I plan on mailing it to him tomorrow and I know he will love it just as much as I do. Every one of those little sayings seemed to fit perfectly with my feelings toward him. Thank you for writing something so simple, yet so beautiful!”

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

i am quite sad to know that i have not been featured in any of these lately.