Monday, June 26, 2006

100% chance of showers

Crazy Train (of thought)

Short and sweet today – about to hit the road…

..but wouldn’t you know it, just as we get the Porsche back and plan a road trip, it rains like cats and dogs.

Should I be disturbed that Jill has just revealed to me her college theme song was “You’ve Got to Fight for Your Right to Party”?

The best thing I learned in church yesterday – God presses down on the prideful, but lifts up the humble.

The family was driving into downtown for lunch when we passed a beautiful church. Meagan remark, “Wow, that’s an amazing church.” Jill answered, “I got married there one time.” It was funny when it was said. What was funnier was when her daughter asked, “To who?”

Linley asked me how one can have a yard sale when they don’t even have a yard.

Meagan wants to know if when she is married and has children, will Jill and I still bring (that means “pay for” in teen talk) everyone along for summer vacation. At least she is planning ahead.

Marital Bliss

Jill is helping me revise my novel, TREES. I’m due to turn it in to a publisher this Friday. I’m trying to up the conflict between the two main characters, hoping to add more drama to the story. Her valuable input sounds something like this:

“There needs to be a dog in this story.”
“I didn’t ask you to make it a dog story, I asked you to suggest how to up the conflict.”
“I know, they have an argument because he doesn’t want the dog to sleep on the bed.”
“Jill, it’s a novel, not an autobiography.”

Kid-bytes

Meagan is in Mexico and Linley is in Panama City Beach. Neither can reach us by phone. It’s going to be a VERY long week for Jill and me. We are glad they enjoy these adventures and that we can make such things happen for them, but wish they would take us along.

Book Report

We are in the foothills of the North Carolina Mountains for the next two days. I’m taking pictures in the Joyce Kilmer National Forest, the setting for the novel, TREES, trying to get a good shot for the book cover. I’ll be back on Wednesday with stories to tell!

No comments: