Monday, July 31, 2006

A dog's tale

Crazy Train (of thought)

I was at Laura’s house visiting the other day when Jill called on my cell. Just as I answered it, Laura yelled, “Get in that bed!” It took me a minute to make sure Jill understood Laura was talking to her naughty dog.

Jill goes back to work today. She is excited about setting up her classroom and preparing for her students. I’m bracing myself for the grief I’m sure to feel when I don’t have her with me all day for the next 10 months.

Every week it seems Jill gives me a new nickname. Right now it’s Studley McStudster. Yeah, I know, she has poor vision, but it’s the thought that counts.

Marital Bliss

Jill and I walked seven miles the other day, hand in hand every step of the way. We are doing whatever it takes to stay healthy and fit. We didn’t meet one another until we were halfway through our lives, so we are now doing all we can to make sure we live long enough to see a 30th anniversary. I’m so glad we are the couple thinking “How wonderful it is to know I’m going to spend the rest of my life with you,” rather than “I’m not sure I can make it another year with you.” I wish everyone could have the kind of love Jill and I share.

Kid-bytes

Linley is back in the nest and Meagan will be home tomorrow. Linley’s cheerleading camp begins today, my brother is arriving today for three days, Meagan has a few babysitting jobs and then friends coming over near the end of the week, Jill has dinner plans for taking the family out a few last times before school begins, I have to go to the school to purchase Linley’s books, Meagan needs me to work on her computer, and on and on and on and on. I hear a dull roar in the distance, and it is getting louder and louder!

Book Report

The time has come to begin writing another book. I have been very blessed as a writer and have just completed my 14th and 15th books. These two new selections will be introduced this Fall and are known as “Why We Are Friends” from the Family Matters series and “Simple Acts: Creating Happiness for Yourself and Those You Love” from the Simple Suggestions series. I hope you get a chance to see them.

The new book is for the Simple Suggestions series. It will be a gift book celebrating romantic love and will include sentimental loving statements that affirm intimate relationships and photographs of couples in romantic settings. And like my other two books on this subject, “Why I Love You” and “Love Signs,” this book will be dedicated to my wonderful wife, Jill, keeper of my heart.

No comments: