Friday, July 14, 2006

Good Morning!

Crazy Train (of thought)

Jill and chatted about the GA gubernatorial election debate and a particular question about which television star best portrays your personality. I chose Alton Brown of Good Eats and Jill chose the combination of Lisa Kudrow and Paula Dean. That’s my wife - an animal freak and lover of all things that include a pound of butter.

One of the girls was a little gassy during our flight to Boston. When playfully scolded, she answered, “Altitude makes me fart.”

When you want to keep what you’ve got, it’s best not to keep thinking about what you used to have. Regret has a way of overshadowing gratitude.

It’s true, history is written by the winners. That’s why the tales of the losers sound so very stupid.

The girls keep telling me I’m pretty fly for a white guy. If anyone knows what that means, please tell me. Jill calls me “Stud Pants.” Please don’t call me about that one, I’ve already figured it out.

Marital Bliss

Jill was the only one in our house without a digital camera, so I bought her one yesterday. She has already taken five-thousand pictures of Princess and one unflattering one of me in, shall we say, nothing. Oh my, what have I done?

Kid-bytes

This is the week Meagan is with her mother, an alternating weekly schedule we have had almost thirteen years. I saw her Monday for most of the day and have talked with her each day as is my custom. She called this morning and asked me to stop by to visit her for lunch, explaining, “I haven’t seen you in so long.” Music to my ears, it was.

Book Report

I’m working hard to finish book #16 this week, thus I haven’t had much time for blogging. Thanks for your understanding of my other obligations, and for reading my musings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like your books. by the way i'm 13.

please tell me the release date for your book about happiness. one of my friends is in it.

well you see, we used to be friends. but something came between us and now we aren't friends. i wish it had worked out. i want to buy the book, so i'll remember her.