Friday, August 25, 2006

Fuel

Crazy Train (of thought)

Princess is hiding in her crate. I’m sure that means she left a gift for me somewhere.

I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should start out dead and then wake up in an old age home but no matter because you feel better with every passing day. Eventually you get kicked out for being too healthy, so you relax a few years and collect a big pension. Soon you get a burst of energy, find a job and receive a gold watch on your first day. You then work 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your “early” retirement. After that you go to college where you drink too much alcohol, party all the time, and become very promiscuous. Realizing one day you are no longer as smart as you once were, you go to High School. To your surprise your classes just get easier over the next twelve years. One morning you wake up a little kid; you play all day, have no responsibilities and eat anything you want. One afternoon you wake up from a nap to find you have become an innocent baby and suddenly forget everything you ever felt guilty about. You start sleeping all the time until one day you are floating in a toasty spa with room service on tap. Finally, and seemingly all too quickly, you end up ... I’ll let you guess the rest.

I love talk TV but sometimes the talking heads just give me a headache.

I attended a gallery opening last night and saw six of my models there. We crowded around, sipped wine and laughed about our time together. I love having so many good friends.

Marital Bliss

I was sleeping so deeply this morning I didn’t hear the alarm go off. Jill nudged me awake, then grabbed my arm and pulled it around her, resting my hand in my favorite warm place over her heart. We then snoozed for a few minutes, a precious few minutes, sweet minutes that are fuel for me. It keeps me going all day long.

Book Report

Reader email:

“Just wanted to tell you that I saw your book "Why I Love You" and purchased it for my husband. Your book said every little thing that I have ever felt and thought about my husband. We will be reaching our 28th Wedding Anniversary next February and I have never taken my husband for granted, ever! So thank you for such a wonderful book; he will find it when he comes home from work. It's a great way to let him know that he is always on my mind.”

I wrote this book for Jill. It is special to her for so many reasons and it warms my heart to know that others use it for important purposes in their own lives.

No comments: