Monday, August 28, 2006

What's your sign?

Crazy Train (of thought)

A Jill observation after seeing The Trump on a commercial: “Money can’t buy you good hair.”

While waiting for a table at a restaurant recently I stood and gave my seat to an elderly woman. As she thanked me she said, “People just don’t do that anymore.” What a shame if that’s true.

We have new neighbors in the ‘hood and Jill, Laura, Allison and I thought they should be broken in properly. We crashed their place late Saturday night with a few bottles of wine and suddenly a party started. We all laughed until nearly midnight. They are still here; we haven’t chased them away.

Speaking of parties, we also went to one Friday night and stayed late into the evening, but all grew tired at the same time and then everyone was standing outside ready to get in their cars and leave. Suddenly Laura decided we needed one more song so she turned her stereo up loud and started singing “Dancing in the Streets.” Everyone did, except Allison and I. We were on the lookout for the cops.

At this same party we found a book about how your astrological sign predicted your sexual aptitude. Seems Jill and I are very well matched. We could have told you that.

Marital Bliss

I took a photo of Jill and me for my next book project about romantic relationships. She is smiling and partially covering her face with a fan that has the word Love on it and I’m whispering something in her ear about her being a Libra. I’ll leave it to your imagination to guess what I was saying.

Kid-bytes

Yea!!! This is a kid week! Linley come home tonight and Meagan tomorrow. There will be so much love in the house!

Book Report

Simple Acts: Creating Happiness for Yourself and Those You Love” will be in stores in about two weeks. Here is another clip from its introduction:

“I am deliriously happy, but I haven’t always been. There was a time in my life when I misunderstood happiness, when I thought it was complex and elusive, and not meant for me. I didn’t learn until later, but thankfully not too late, that happiness is actually quite simple and, indeed, meant for everyone. I learned that happiness can come from so many little, simple inconsequential things, things that can be done anywhere, when needed or least expected, things that anyone can do with little effort, but for big, and sometimes lasting, effect.”

I then go on and list 500 things you can do to put a smile on your face. If you buy it, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: