Friday, October 06, 2006

Weeding

Crazy Train (of thought)

I feel more like I do now than I did a minute ago.

A coincidence is a small miracle where God prefers to remain anonymous.

At a party not long ago someone took a picture of me kissing Jill. Somehow sweet Allison got her hands on it and had a mouse pad made with it. It sits on my desk now. Jill sees the precious love we share, and I see that my neck needs liposuction.

John Karr might have been released from jail, but he’s not free. Who is going to hire that guy, or let him live next door? Yep, he’s in solitary confinement.

Marital Bliss

So a few of us were coming home after dinner last night when a conversation about keeping the romance alive started. “I just think you have to pay attention to your relationship and take care of it if you want it to last,” I said.
“Yes, it’s like a garden, you must tend to it,” someone added.
“Exactly,” chimed in another, “you have to fertilize it.”
“You gotta weed that sucker, too,” someone muttered.
I don’t know what was said after that; I couldn’t hear through the laughter.

Kid-bytes

Sometimes Meagan and I text sweet nothings or insults to each other just for fun. The other day I stated out calling her pumpkin, fructose and eventually dextrose. Somehow I ended up calling her mucous cranium. I wonder why I haven’t heard back from her.

Book Report

I recently received this from a loyal blog reader:

“Yesterday’s blog was especially meaningful to me because of your thoughts of living one day longer than Jill. This September was my 5 year cancer survival anniversary. As I was preparing for my colonoscopy my thoughts drifted to the possibility that the cancer had returned (it has not), that this might be it, and I remembered thinking back to my diagnosis 5 years ago and feeling that if this was God’s will and if I did not survive, at least I would be the one waiting at the gates of heaven for my husband and not the other way around. The thought of being here on earth even one day without him is unbearable.”

I know the feeling. That’s why I squeeze Jill so tight before I let her get out of bed each morning.

No comments: