Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Almost there...

A few quotes from my latest book, “Thank You, Mom,” now in major bookstores:

Thank you, Mom, for…

1. always coming when I called for you, and for coming even when I didn’t think I needed you.
2. allowing me to grow up, even when you thought you weren’t ready for it.
3. loving me so much when it didn’t seem I loved you at all.
4. pushing me to do the things I didn’t want to do, but needed to do.
5. giving me your affection, even when I didn’t seem to want it.


…and a few other aphorisms for good measure…

At times, it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Discipline your child with evidence of love and concern, not immaturity and selfishness.


…I found this review about “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad” on Amazon.com…

“The title really says it all. I bought this book for my father who just found me after 25 years. With each page turn, there is a beautiful picture and of course, a reason. I cried as I read each reason because I never had the father I needed. My favorite page is the last page. Before I sent him this book, I bookmarked the last page with a picture that was taken when we met for the first time. He loved the book and cried when he saw the picture of us. Now he knows that his daughter will always need a Dad.”

That book is five years old and still rocks!


…and finally an update…

The new book deal is only days away from being finalized, and I am seeing the beta of the new submission page for daughter-dad stories for my website later this morning. In other words, I am about to embark on my largest book project yet; it will keep me writing hours a day. Add that to the two regular columns I now write, and I am going to be a busy author. As a result, this blog will evolve into a live journal about the new book. That move should save me time and allow me to focus my creative energy on the project that actually pays. When I am able to announce the book deal, I will then give updates on the writing progress, as well as share samples so you can see the book as it develops. And, as I plan to continue living a colorful life, I may still include a story about the Lang household on this blog from time to time.

Thanks so much for your supporting prayers and words!

No comments: