Friday, April 27, 2007

Be careful of what you teach


I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, http://www.gregoryelang.com/, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today's photo comes from my book Thank You, Dad. It is of Meagan, my Daddy's Little Girl, and I in Jill's Porsche; I'm encouraging Meagan to use a heavy foot and enjoy the darn thing. It came back to haunt me - you'll see why later.

I spoke with Scott, our neighbor, last night to check on mom and the new baby Rylee – all is well. He sounded delighted to have Princess #2 in hand at last. The girls and I are going to the hospital to visit them this afternoon. Welcome to the world Rylee!

Last night as I was setting dinner on the table and trying to coordinate our weekend calendars, Meagan began to make fun of me and the way I plate the food. I teased her and predicted she would one day appreciate me so much more that she would call and tell me she wished her husband were more like me. She said that if she ever thought that, she would ask her husband to go ahead and shoot her.

My blog and web traffic is way up; a big thanks to those of you who are referring your friends to my sites and helping me with this book project! I’m beginning to see benefits from my “multi-platform Internet marketing strategy.” I have completed my MySpace and FaceBook pages and am getting hits to this blog and the website that originate from those sources. My next project is podcasting, then video for YouTube.

I do need more dads to contribute. I’m hearing from daughters about 8 times more often than fathers. Come on guys; make sure this book has your voice, too. Please dads, make your friends submit a story!

Speaking of blogs, please visit my friend’s page, http://www.oijoyphoto.blogspot.com/. Janet is the talented photographer who co-authored the first book in the series, Why a Daughter Needs a Dad.

I’ve completed ten interviews with loving daughters in the last week; they are rich with wonderful stories but nearly everyone has brought me to tears! It is so powerful to hear women speak of their dads in such loving terms. These interviews only further my conviction that if my wife and our daughters look back at me with love and admiration, that is the best reward a life can have.

Oh Lord, Meagan just called. She is now the proud owner of her first speeding ticket.

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Honeybark Geri said...

My dad taught me how to parallel park with a diesel station wagon. I am ever so grateful because I can squeeze a car into any spot without a bang, scratch or bump! Thanks dad!