Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh, my...

I love this photo! It's of a good friend's daughter, little Ellie Deakin.

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, http://www.gregoryelang.com/, and click the red corner on the home page.

I’m collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

I received this great poem from a reader as a tribute to her dad. Thanks Amy Jo Toney!

My Dad and I

There's a special bond between my Dad and I,
I see things clearer and he's the reason why,
Always there to lend a hand,
Or talk his daughters through things
they didn't understand,
Taught me that being a friend,
Is what matters most in the end,
Also showed me, that familys first and foremost,
Cooks great food, an excellent host,
When he's around, with him he brings,
A dash of Faith among other things,
One thing I hope he never forgets,
Is he's loved and as special as they get,
Reasons why I look up to him,
So many I don't know where to begin,
If I could narrow it down to one,
It would be he is lively, loving and fun,
His heart is big, he's quite the guy,
Strong, yet not afraid to cry,
Looks forward to the future, brings hope to the day,
Sees life in nothing but a positive way,
Which has molded me, into quite the girl,
All Thanks to having the greatest Dad in the world.

Thanks so much to those of you who have submitted stories. I have 54 so far, plus a few recorded interviews.

I mentioned yesterday I have been sending queries to media looking for print coverage of the new book. Included in that effort was the local newspaper, the AJC. For reasons I don’t understand, after five years of calling on the Book Editor I still can’t generate interest in my writing. They will give a full page to a former crack addict who wrote a book about the homeless cats he used to sleep with, a book that probably sold less than 1000 copies, but won’t give even a paragraph about my books. I guess they don’t like stories about everyday people.

Capitalism is a funny thing. FTD is doing a Mother’s Day promotion with my books, including the Mom books with their Mother’s Day bouquets. Didn’t see that coming!

The good people at KidsWorkWifeLife talked about my latest book, Thank You, Mom, on their podcast show. I’m just beginning to investigate podcasts and hope to have a few shows of my own up soon. In the meantime, give a listen to http://kidswifeworklife.podbean.com/2007/04/17/43-spare-youre-out/

I’m still working on the MySpace project. So far I’ve been able to get that blog to look similar to this one and my website, but more work needs to be done. Once completed, I plan to send invites to those who mention one my books on their blogs, plus query the parenting groups to generate story contributions. I also started my own online group with MySpace, called Celebrate Dads. No content is posted yet, but I’ll get something there soon. Maybe one day it will be popular: http://groups.myspace.com/celebratedads

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody, and kiss ‘em, too, if you can get away with it!

No comments: