Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Laughing in the go-cart


I am searching for inspirational stories and anecdotes about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

For those who would like to submit a story but don’t want to write one, I am happy to conduct telephone interviews.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photos are of Meagan and I in Jill’s go-cart one evening, and Lily and Lucy, the cutest 4 year olds in our ‘hood. Linley is camera shy unless she is taking pictures of herself, but I hope to get a shot of us together this weekend while we are at a family reunion. She’s not of my blood, but she is of my heart!

I’ve learned to love the sidebar. Scroll down for a few new features: a self-portrait, a tongue-in-cheek resume, and a list of facts about me (I hope to get it to 100 in time).

Here are a few excerpts from stories I’ve received recently:

“As parents we're grateful to do anything for our children, we love them with everything we have. To know they value us, when they realize just how deep our love is, that's all the reward a parent ever needs.” Amen!

“Dad, I felt every bit of your love for me, whether I was front and center and highly visible, or simply riding next to you in the car on our way to get a Diet Coke. You have always loved me unconditionally, no matter what. And because of that, I feel like every aspect of my life is an accomplishment, simply because I am your daughter.”

That’s all for today – we have a busy holiday weekend (it actually begins on Thursday in our house this year) so I need to get back to work. I can’t party if I feel like I didn’t complete enough work before play. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!


2 comments:

KourJalopy said...

I would be honored, because my dad is a man of integrity no matter how mad he makes me sometimes, he's had the most positive influence on my life.

gurlygurl said...

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for writing on my blog. I would be interested in perhaps writting my story for you. I tried your website but it does not seem to be working.