Friday, May 25, 2007

The Meagan Box




I am searching for inspirational stories and anecdotes about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

For those who would like to submit a story but don’t want to write one, I am happy to conduct telephone interviews.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Not much time to write today; I have company all day, an honors ceremony to attend at Linley’s school, a pool party to carpool for, a cheer leader clinic to transport to, need to go to the market, having lunch with dad-in-law, must cut the grass….

The images above are a few mementos I dug out of the Meagan Box. The first photo is of her first pair of shoes, her first ballet slippers, and my childhood hairbrush my mother saved and then gave me to use with Meagan. The letters are self-evident. These are the kind of things I would run back into a burning house to retrieve. To learn more about the Meagan Box, read Why a Daughter Needs a Dad: 100 Reasons.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You can never commit an act of kindness too soon, because you can never know how soon it will be too late to act!

This is a portion of a letter one adult daddy’s girl wrote to her dad: “Thank you for those long nights, loving moments, words of wisdom, for always wanting the best for me, teaching me, never giving up, always believing in me, and blessing me just by being who you are. Thank you, Dad, for always flashing those blue eyes full of love and pride in my direction. I love you Dad!”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!




1 comment:

Linda said...

Would your daughter be "imbarrased" that you posted this cute note? Mine would, but I'd do it anyway! Thanks for sharing these posts I've just come upon about fathers/daughters. Don't let anyone bring you down about your project. This is a timeless subject that will speak to a lot of people.