Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sweet Revenge (fun with grandchildren)

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo is of my dear friend Laura. She is looking at another photo of herself with her dad, who she lost several months ago. Gibson “Gib” was a kind gentleman and I’m pleased to have known him. This photo appears in my book Thank You, Dad, and is accompanied by a phrase I overheard Laura share one evening while reminiscing about Gib – “he put a fire in my heart and a kick in my step.” I’d be very happy to receive that compliment one day.

Things I’m going to teach my grandchildren to say:
Just charge it.
You’re such a freak!
I’ll get to it later.
Good gosh, chill out!
Oh, I forgot.
I don’t see what the big deal is.
Well, all my friends say…
You just don’t understand.
Ah, yeah, my room is clean.
Whatever!

Things I’m going to teach my grandchildren to do:
Be 20 minutes late for anything and everything.
Leave shoes all over the house.
Never rinse your dishes.
Listen to your music loud enough that no one else in the house can hear anything.
Wait until the last minute to share important information.
Impose only on your parents, never your friends.
Keep you plans a secret until the time when revealing them will wreck other’s plans.
Beg shamelessly for money, even when you have some of your own.
Look in the refrigerator and identify what are essential ingredients for the night’s meal. Eat that for a snack.
Leave sticky fingerprints in conspicuous places, especially in the guest bathroom.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is no greater love than the love that holds on where there seems nothing left to hold on to.

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

3 comments:

Tink said...

I just read your work and am deeply impressed!

Would you mind if I linked you to my page?

Thank you.
Heather

Tink said...

I am interested in submitting a story and have sent an email through your contact page in your site, as directed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Heather

Quodlibet said...

You left a comment on my blog regarding father-daughter relationships. I would be quite interested and will do some reading of your site and follow up. Thanks for taking the time to see my blog.