Sunday, June 03, 2007

Have a great week!



I am searching for inspirational stories and anecdotes about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

For those who would like to submit a story but don’t want to write one, I am happy to conduct telephone interviews.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo is of Mike, Elizabeth and Caroline, husband and daughter’s of my cousin Amy. This photo appeared in the Thank You, Dad book that was published this spring. I took that photo last November during our annual Thanksgiving family reunion. I though it was a fitting image of what this blog and pending book are all about; it will be up all this week while we are on vacation.

I’ve had the chance to read all the stories that have been sent to me, and while all of them are great, there are a few areas no one has addressed. Please consider submitting your thoughts on any of the following questions:

Daughters:
1. If your parents are divorced, how did you deal with your dad’s dating or remarriage?
2. Most daughter-dad relationships become strained during adolescence. If this applies to you, what did you and your dad have to deal with and how did you work through it?
3. What do you consider to be the most important life lesson your dad taught you?
4. What was the one event that stands out in your mind as the time you really understood just how much your dad loves you?
5. Does your relationship with your dad affect your expectations of your boyfriends or husband? If so, how?
6. What parenting advice would you give new fathers of daughters?

Dads:
1. What were the great “mysteries” for you in regard to understanding and raising a daughter?
2. Most daughter-dad relationships change as the little girl becomes a young woman. How were you affected when your daughter became less affectionate and more distant from you?
3. Often as teenage daughters enter young adulthood they begin to see their parents differently. Did your daughter experience this change? If so, please tell me about it.
4. What are the top three things would you want to give to or make happen for your daughter?
5. In your opinion, what is the evidence that you have done a good job parenting a daughter?
6. What is that one thing your daughter doesn’t understand about the responsibility or concerns of you as a father?

Well, I guess that’s enough for this week. Tune in again Monday, June 11th when we return from vacation and I’m back to writing a daily entry. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Yesenia said...

I got your message regarding my entry about my dad. Yes, it is true my dad is very special to me. He is not only my best friend or my dad but my hero. I love him to death. Its funny cause I always wanted to write a story about my life and my dad. I just dont have the gift. So I stick to medicine. You truly made my day though, being interrested and all. Thank You! and may God Bless you.

Yesenia Beltran