Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hung the Moon

I am searching for inspirational stories and anecdotes about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters, artwork from daughters to dad, or nice shots of smiling daughters of all ages to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

A great quote from Jodi Picoult:

“Without [failure], you’d never know how delicious success tastes.”

Today’s photo comes from a new friend of mine. She sent it along to me in the following email:

“I just recently purchased a copy of your book, Why A Daughter Needs A Dad. I actually bought it for a friend of mine for Father's Day, but I, being a lover of books, had to flip through it before giving it to him. It is simply fabulous and so very true.

I am my daddy's doll baby, and have been since birth. I am the only girl out of three children, and my brothers have treated me as such! Even at the age of 34 years old, I am still able to crawl up in my dad's lap and find peace and comfort. He is my protector, my advisor, my mechanic (smile)...everything!

The gentleman who I bought the book for has a daughter, and he is such a great dad. I share with him all the time that he sets the standard for her. He is her first "boyfriend!" Daddies can make or break a little girl.

It is true; I needed my dad and cannot imagine my life without him. He is a minister and I have followed in his footsteps. The relationship that we have is unbelievable. Thank you for writing such a true book. Daddies often get a bad "rep". Thank you for letting the world know that little girls do NEED their dads.”

Is he standing under a full moon? I’m sure he placed it there!

I’ve been asked what are the six questions I mentioned in the post yesterday. They are:

1. How are you doing in school?
2. Do you have a job?
3. What do you want to do after graduating college?
4. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
5. Do you use drugs and/or drink?
6. Are you sexually active?

I wrote over 3,000 words yesterday, my eyes are very tired. Please allow me to take a day off today; I’ll offer more tomorrow.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: