Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Alaska

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

For the remainder of this week I am going to post headshots of young ladies I’ve photographed for Daddy’s Little Girl.

A semi-truck tried to eat Jill’s go-cart yesterday (second time in 14 months) so I’m going to be busy with insurance companies and body shops, as well as trying to meet a deadline on this coming Friday. Please understand the crunch, and thanks again for your support of my writing endeavors!

Here’s a story sent in by Natalie:

“This past summer my dad took us to Alaska. While we were exploring Juno my dad said he wanted to buy me a nice piece of jewelry. After searching for a couple hours, I found a loose diamond I thought was perfect for me. We decided how it should be mounted and were told it would be ready for pick up in two hours.

We then realized we had theater tickets for a show beginning at the same time we were to retrieve the diamond. Dad insisted that we could get to the jewelry store and still make it to the show on time. Unfortunately, when the time came to leave it had started raining, and worse, we missed the bus into town; we had to walk in the rain in our best shoes and outfits through the rain and mud just to get my necklace. Dad never complained, he pulled me along down the pier, over the railroad tracks, around the block and through the town of Juno, finally ending up at the jewelry store.

We quickly picked up the necklace and hurried back, making it to the show with just thirty seconds to spare.

When I think of that trip to Alaska last summer, I do not think about the brand new shiny diamond necklace Dad gave me; I remember how that simple event reminds me that my father would do anything for me. I only hope someday my own family will think the same of me.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: