Monday, July 30, 2007

Good Morning

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo is from my book Brothers and Sisters, a set of twins who argue about which looks more like their dad. Go figure.

Guess what? My latest book, Thank You, Mom, reached #113 on USAToday's 150 Top Selling Books list. Thank you!

This note just in:

“My daughter is not quite six years old. She attends kindergarten and both of her mom and I are full time professionals. To make sure we do not let our careers keep us from spending enough time with our daughter, we take turns leaving work early, greeting her at the bus stop and spending time doing homework, playing or whatever.

We usually spend my assigned afternoons together at the community pool. However, the other day we skipped the pool and decided to do arts and crafts in the driveway instead. After spending half-an-hour finger painting and drawing on the concrete, my daughter looked up at me and said, ‘Daddy, playing with you is much better than being at the pool with everyone else.’

There are times I think that leaving work early is compromising my career. But times like that, playing with my daughter in the driveway, reminds me of what is really important in my life.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: