Friday, July 27, 2007

Look into my eyes...

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

I sent my editor 41,000 words yesterday to make sure I am writing the book she hopes to publish. Keep your fingers crossed for me as I wait for a response. Thanks so much for your support!

Today’s photo is of Kellyn, daughter of Roz, Jill’s best friend from all the way back to the second grade.

More messages from loving dads and daughters -

“I cannot thing of any more pleasurable and honorable duty as a human than raising your children in a loving and caring household. Boys show their love with their own brand of expression, and they are moments to treasure, but a daughter's hug and "I love you daddy" is something that cannot be experienced anywhere else. From carrying her in the market to watching her love her children, it is a joy beyond comparison. All of the things that make a little girl's life a joy, trick-or-treating, teaching her how to ride her bike, teaching her how to swim, teaching her how to drive and giving in to her sitting on the arm of your chair and kissing you, followed by "daddy, I need...make life worth-while.

I can't image any father not taking full advantage of the love that a daughter has to offer. It is a special relationship that has been given to us and to not foster it and love her unconditionally is to waste a God-given joy.”

“I was nine years old and my sister and I were going to school in the suburbs of Chicago. One day the principal decided to give prizes to one person in each class; my teacher had to choose the recipient for two classes because one teacher was absent that day. When the time for giving the prizes came, she picked my sister from the other class, but not me from her own class. I asked her why not and she said, ‘I would have chosen you if I were picking from one class, but because I was picking from two classes, I didn't think it a good idea to choose sisters.’

My heart was broken and I cried. I went home and told my family what happened, but they only accused me of being jealous. When my father came home and saw me sitting on the couch in tears, he asked what was wrong; I told him what my teacher had done. He patted my knee, pulled out his wallet and gave me two dollars!

Now it seems so little but back then I felt as if I had been given 2 million dollars. Once again my dad had stepped in to be my hero. I love my dad because always listened and cared about what I had to say.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

2 comments:

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Hello thanks for taking time to read my blog and comment about my dad. I am thrilled and will definetly visit your page and tell my story. I see you have daughters too. I will have to scan my pictures at a later date. OMG this sounds too exciting to be true.

How did you find my blog? wow

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

I have sent my story. My fingers and toes are crossed that it makes it's way into that best selling book of yours.(smiling)

Nice!!! anyway even if it doesn't i will buy the book when it comes out. Please keep me posted. I have saved your webpage so i will be poping in from time to time.