Thursday, July 12, 2007

Post #285

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo is of another neighbor (I’m so glad so many are willing to pose; saves me a few $$$ on gas) and his two daughters. He is a pastor and author of a number of spiritual workshop texts, and his girls adore him.

Here is an excerpt from a story I received this morning:

“After my husband and I got married, we were doing lots of wedding pictures of course. We had been posing for pictures for quite some time and my husband and I are standing side by side, when my dad suddenly jumps in behind me and is trying to push his new son-n-law out of the way and trying to pull me back to him. While he’s doing this, he is saying something like ‘NO, she’s my daughter, you can’t have her, etc!’ Again, I say that I love that my dad has a wonderful sense of humor; he knows how to have fun. Getting married can be a little mind-boggling and all the smiling and posing for the pictures can be a bit much. So I really enjoyed the moment when he lightened things up and brought me back to the fun of it all.”

I’m feeling pretty guilty about not posting much right now but when I added photography to my list of to-do’s, my workdays became twice as demanding. I’ve got eight sessions scheduled in the next week and each one usually takes three hours of time to get the one photo developed that will be in the book. I appreciate your understanding!

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: