Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Princess

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo is one I took of a friend of mine, Stacy Collins, during a studio photography class. Even at 30-something, she says she is still a daddy’s girl.

Yesterday I received the ceramic coffee mug Meagan made for me. She wrote “I love you Daddy” on the bottom. I’m drinking hot coffee from it right now; it is a priceless treasure to me. I love my kid!

This story was sent to me by Don:

“Early in my life with my children, I decided that, rather than spend my evenings at business meetings and trying to further my career by working many nights and weekends, I would spend them with the kids. As a means of accomplishing that goal, I became involved in the YMCA, where there were programs that involved both the kids and the parents.

I started out in Indian Guides and eventually wound up on the Board of Managers, but in the meantime, spent many summer camps, winter camps and Saturday sports events with the kids. There weren't many programs for girls, but because I spent so much time with the boys, I made it a point to spend other quality time with Susie.

One of my favorite stories was an occasion at a weekend Indian Guide campout where I, as Nation Chief, and my son were to pass the trappings of office over to the new Chief and his son. As it turned out, both of my boys were sick, so, the evening of the campout, Susie and I drove up to the lake where the camp was and I had put her beautiful puppy-dog tail hair up under the war bonnet.

At the appropriate moment, when we took our bonnets off and passed them to the incoming chief and his son, Susie's hair came down and it sounded like Santa himself had just appeared. About one hundred 6 and 7 year old boys yelled out, ‘It's a GIRL!’

I have a picture of Susie in total war bonnet and costume from that occasion and it is a treasure to me.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: