Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Various Blather

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photo was taken while I was working on the Hispanic version of Why a Daughter Needs a Mom. These sisters insisted on having their photo made, and of course I was glad to comply. It later appeared in my book Brothers and Sisters (which, by the way, is also the title of one of my favorite Allman Brothers albums).

The meeting with my editor went great yesterday; she is in town for a convention and we managed to have breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton (I had Eggs Benedict). We discussed the artwork and design of the book, its eventual promotion, and she enlightened me to the Harper publication process. I was delighted to get confirmation that the book will be out in April, 2008.

A few statistics: I’ve written over 43,300 words (yielding 320 double-spaced pages), have created 33 photos and have more modeling sessions scheduled (I usually take 80 – 100 photos per session to get the ONE I want for the book), and have 74 stories. I’m anticipating I’ll get closer to 100 stories and 55,000 words before I’m done, but then after I slash it when editing, who knows where I’ll end up.

I spent lots of girl time with the daughters this past weekend – we went to see Evening (loved it, don’t care what Roger Ebert said, a great flick!) and then watched The Blair Witch Project at home (had to counteract the estrogen influence of Evening), and we went bowling where I somehow managed to tell the men bowling next to us that I didn’t want to accidentally grab their balls. It might be years before they stop bringing that blooper up in front of my neighbors.

Today Meagan went to the shooting range with my father-in-law; he and I go every Tuesday. Meagan wanted to give it a shot (pardon the pun) and as it turns out, she’s a natural marksman. Now she wants to get her own handgun and practice for the Olympic women’s shooting team. She wants a pink gun, of course.

OK, I have some serious writing to do….

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

KourJalopy said...

I bet they make a pink Smith & Wessen!!!