Friday, August 24, 2007

Charlie Brown Xmas Tree

I’m writing a new book, my 19th, that is a compilation of inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

For more information about my writing background, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com.

Now on to today’s post…

Today’s photo is of Michael, Cody, Elizabeth and Caroline, husband and children of my cousin, Amy. It is Christmas day in the mountains outside of Seattle, and Mike has made sure his girls get their tree. To learn more, buy the book!

Here’s a few more stories recently sent to me:

“When I was twenty, my Daddy's Father passed away. The family gathered at Grandmother's after the funeral for a bite to eat and talk about the funeral and Granddaddy's life. During this time my Mother got a call from her sister relating that her Mother needed an emergency angioplasty in another town across the mountains. It was dark by then. Mother, my sister, her husband and I prepared to cross the mountains that night. The last thing my Daddy said to my sister's husband was ‘Y'all be careful. The most precious people in my life will be in that car going across those winding mountain roads tonight.’

Daddy is a fairly quiet man when it comes to expressing feelings. I could tell he was torn between being with his Mother at such a time and watching his most cherished going across the treacherous mountain roads without him. I could hear the love and concern for us all in his voice and see the difficulty of maintaining his composure. At that moment, I knew for certain that Daddy truly loved all of us deeply.”

and…

“Teenage years have a way of really defining a person. I wanted to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. That's the only time I remember Daddy and I face-to-face, arguing. I was fourteen and refused to attend church. Tears were streaming down my face as I told him how unfair he was. I went to church that day, and thought, when I leave home, I'm never going back to church! Today, I am a Christian, a faithful attendant, and active in my home congregation. Thanks, Daddy!”

and…

“One the eve of my wedding (and my sisters’ weddings) my dad had a song sung for us that he wrote especially for us. Each song expressed his feelings about us as children and as we grew into young women. This was a defining moment in my relationship with my dad. Our relationship now still has the constant love, but it is constantly shown and expressed. It is the best feeling in the world!”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: