Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hello...



I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

I’m also collecting photos of dads and daughters to display on this blog. If you’d like to submit one, please email it to greg.lang@mindspring.com.

Now on to today’s diary entry…

Today’s photos are of our girls, taken this past weekend on our last summer of’ 07 beach adventure. Pretty, aren’t they?

The book: I’m getting down to the wire (5 weeks left ‘til deadline) and am shaping the book to arrive at what we think will be a great final product. Now it will be approximately 172 pages vs. 256, will have lots of open space (my readers so often paste in their own photos or personalize a story by writing directly on the page) and the stories will be somewhat shorter than originally planned. Less is more, as they say. In some cases what was once a 3 page story is being reduced to two paragraphs, but they are great, poignant paragraphs. I’m excited about it and hope you will love it when you see it.

Here’s a glimpse into what one daughter thinks of her dad:

“As a teen there was one time when I came home a little late because I kind of ruined the passenger door to the car. I really expected him to be a bit angry about that, but he was only concerned that I was ok. He did expect me to take responsibility and fix the door too. The teen years can also be a time when the girls can be embarrassed by dads in front of her friends. He enjoyed doing just that, embarrassing me. I remember a time when I was sitting on the front porch with some friends, and my dad comes from the back yard wearing some wild looking shorts, black socks (almost up to his knees), and shiny black shoes. Then as he walked up the steps, he acts like he trips. I was shaking my head, thinking what a crazy dad I had, but my friends all loved him (they even called him dad, too). We’d also have youth dances at church and my dad would come to pick us up. If he was a little early, my friends and I would drag him onto the dance floor and he’d dance with us.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!



1 comment:

Dick W'. said...

Ah yes
They are going from pretty to brautiful as they mature