Friday, August 03, 2007

Post # 300!

I am searching for inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

If you are a father or a daughter, I want to hear about your parent-child relationship experiences. For more information about submitting your story, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com, and click the red corner on the home page, just beneath the “Projects” tab.

Now on to today’s entry, sent to me by an admiring daughter…

“I remember how special my dad has always made me feel. As a child, it was very simple acts of love, and he probably didn't even realize the effect it has had on me. He would do things like coming home with a drink or snack and giving me the leftovers, or taking my hand and passing money or some little token gift to me. I never realized that he did the same things for my siblings until we were older and talked about childhood memories.

My father has always been and still is a jovial man. He always looks to the bright side of things. As an adult, I have had dealt with some trials that life throws at me. One time that has stuck with me is, several years ago, I was going through a really difficult time at my job, and was feeling really down and ready to give it up. I call home and my dad gives me the best advice. He tells me to keep my chin up, be happy, and to give 110%. He said that by doing this, my supervisors would realize the mistake they made. So, I follow his advice, and low and behold, after a month in a position I did not want, I was promoted to the position I wanted. I have learned much of my work ethics from him, and have been grateful of his example, because it has allowed me to excel in every job I have had.”

I had a good conversation with my editor yesterday and the book is beginning to come together. Check back on Monday for an update. Have a great weekend!

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: