Monday, August 20, 2007

Sometimes tomorrow comes early...

I’m writing a new book, my 19th, that is a compilation of inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

For more information about my writing background, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com.

Now on to today’s post…

Actually, I posted this last night because I had to hit the road early this AM for a road trip to Nashville. Yes, me alone in the car for eight hours. That means it’s going to be an Allman Brothers concert all the way, to and fro.

These little nuggets just in:

“When I was 10, my father fell and broke his leg in four places; he had a cast on from toe to upper thigh. He was bed ridden for approximately 10 weeks. This just happened to happen around the start of summer. It was awesome for me, because my dad was home most of the summer. I spent more time in my parents’ bed that summer than I don’t know where else. My dad and I watched TV together, we played scrabble, and we just talked. It was a 10 year olds dream come true to have dad at home all summer since he usually was at work during the day. I am sure I wished he were gone a few times and we didn’t get to take a family vacation we had been planning before that, but it was still one of the best summers I can remember.”

and…

“One of my special memories of my dad is when I got hurt playing baseball with my brothers. We were in our back yard, playing baseball with a basketball. My older brother throws the ball to me and I went to hit the ball and the bat fell back and hit me on the side of the head. I went inside and told my dad I was bleeding. I could see the color in his face turn white; he grabbed a towel and put me in the car. I remember the ride like it was yesterday, he was running ever red light, running over curbs, and going way over the speed limit. While he kept telling me I was going to be ok, patting my leg. I noticed we were not going to the hospital, but going to my mom work. He had to ask her if I needed to go to the doctor. She told him yes. He took me to the doctor, and while they sewed me up, he held my hand the whole time. I found out later, that my dad had a weak stomach and got sick very easy, especially at the sight of blood! I realized that day, no matter what I could count on my dad to be there for me.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: