Monday, August 27, 2007

Today is going to be a good day!

I’m writing a new book, my 19th, that is a compilation of inspirational stories about father-daughter relationships, stories that share wisdom, teach moral and important life lessons, and give others insight into how to nurture and maintain a healthy, loving and fulfilling father-daughter relationship.

For more information about my writing background, please visit my website, www.gregoryelang.com.

Now on to today’s post…

Today’s photo is of Ron and Lily, my neighbors, in the park in the middle of our cul-de-sac. I’m laughing behind the camera because Lily had just explained to me that round waffles taste better than square ones.

More memories of a daughter…

“Then came the time to learn to drive. He took me out on a day where it had just snowed and was a bit icy. The skies were beautiful but the roads weren’t so great; however, off we went because he felt that I needed winter driving experience! So we’re driving and driving and he starts quizzing me on various things I’d need to know for the driving test. He eventually asks me this, ‘What is a red octagonal sign?’ I said, ‘A stop sign!’ He then asked me how you were supposed to act when you saw the sign. Of course, I gave the appropriate, by-the-book answer and was pretty pleased with myself! He said, ‘Good! So tell me then, why did you run that stop sign back there?’

There were a few other hardy-har moments throughout my life, too. One had to do with my menstrual cycle! When I was 12 and I started my menstrual cycle, I was just plain ‘ol scared. Of course I’d had “the talk” with mom, but the reality of it was a little more real and quite daunting. So, I was in the bathroom just bawling my eyes out with my mom by my side and there was a knock on the door. It was dad. Mom stepped out to talk to him and when she came back in, she was chuckling up a storm. Well, dad was heading to town to have coffee with the guys and he was so concerned about this change in my life that he wanted to do something to help! So, he wanted to see if it would be okay to buy a congratulations card for me for having my first period. Oh, dad. Mom & I both laughed at that, but she graciously told him that, no, he couldn’t do that. It was the effort that counts, though.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: