Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One More Chance

This just in from Renee:

“My relationship with my dad was a special one; he was one of my best friends, along with my mom. Growing up he taught me many thing, but most of all the love he had for people. He gave up his bed so he could help other get back on their feet.

One of my special memories of my dad is when I got hurt playing baseball with my brothers.

We were in our back yard, playing baseball with a basketball. My older brother throws the ball to me and I went to hit the ball and the bat fell back and hit me on the side of the head. I went inside and told my dad I was bleeding. I could see the color in his face turn white; he grabbed a towel and put me in the car. I remember the ride like it was yesterday, he was running ever red light, running over curbs, and going way over the speed limit. While he kept telling me I was going to be ok, patting my leg. I noticed we were not going to the hospital, but going to my mom work. He had to ask her if I needed to go to the doctor. She told him yes. He took me to the doctor, and while they sewed me up, he held my hand the whole time. I found out later, that my dad had a week stomach and got sick very easy.

I realized that day, no matter what I could count on my dad to be there for me.

I had a lot of good memories of my dad; my dad was taken away from me in ‘99 of a sudden heart attack. Even though I did tell him I loved him the night before he passed away, I wish I could have one more chance to make sure he know how much he means to me and my family. He didn’t get a chance to see my kids, but every day I can see him in their eyes.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: