Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jill



This is a recent composite I completed to showcase my beautiful wife. I’ve surrounded Jill with images of things she loves or often thinks about. For example, there is a map element symbolizing her love of travel, and the street-level view of the Gastonian Inn in Savannah where we got married. She walked through that front door on our wedding day and changed my life. The trees and babbling brook are in the Joyce Kilmer National Forest in NC, a beautiful, serene setting and one of her favorite places to hike. The hibiscus bloom is often used in Eastern religious art as a symbol of devotion and worship. I am devoted to her and worship the ground she walks on. The white picket fences represents our happy home and marriage. The Lily-of-the-Nile bulbs are said to be the flower of happiness. She is my lily and more.


1 comment:

Tink said...

That's very sweet of you to do that for her. She's one lucky woman and all husbands should be just like you. lol :-)

Happy holidays!