Monday, December 03, 2007

This is why I do it:

Hi Greg,

I was shopping in Target this evening and came across your book. As I flipped through the pages, I was immediately pulled in and tears began to fill my eyes as I thought of my own father. I had to buy the book, because I didn't want to be standing in the middle of Target crying like a baby.

Anyway, I brought the book home and read it from cover to cover. At first, I thought I would make it to the end without any tears, but sure enough they came. I soon realized that even though my father was absent from my life in so many ways, he left me with so much more than I realized.

My dad taught me how a lady should be treated, he taught me how to treat others and he taught me how a father acts when he really loves his children! I am so grateful to my father for all of this and I am grateful for you and your beautiful book, "Why a Daughter Needs a Dad".

Teri

It is the stories you tell me that help me find my way through the maze that dads sometimes find themselves lost within.

No comments: