Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Gifts from God

I write heartfelt and inspirational stories about family relationships, stories that share wisdom and teach important moral and life lessons, stories from which children and parents might derive hope, guidance and a smile after reading them.

I collect written stories and conduct recorded telephone interviews to gather the information necessary to put together a story for my book projects. Stories are not published as submitted or told but rather are used as anecdotes told by me, the narrator, to help illustrate a message about teaching or cherished moments.

Please visit www.gregoryelang.com and click the red corner on the home page just beneath the “Projects” tab to learn more about what projects I may be working on.

The deadline to offer a mother-daughter story has passed. Please continue to visit this blog for updates on the book as it begins the last leg of its journey toward publication (Spring, 2009).

Now on to today’s post~

This note of praise came to me from Ilene O’Steen:

“When you look back at the teen years and the struggles you faced with a strong willed daughter, it is so rewarding to then see the wonderful adult she has become. I think unconditional love, lots of prayers and just hanging in there showing your children how much they are loved can work miracles.

My daughter is one of my very best friends and I love spending time with her. I love watching her being a mom. I see so many things she does with her child that I wish I had done with her. I also see her doing lots of the same things I did when I raised her and it makes me feel like I did ok as a mom.

The main thing is the final outcome, I believe. Today I see a wonderful happy daughter that is also wonderful mom. The love she has for her child is just so great to see. And I also have the greatest joy having both of them close to me and getting to be a part of both their lives.

All children are a gift from God, and grandchildren are an extra special gift. I am very thankful God allowed me to be a mother of 2 and now a grandmother of 4.”

And I also recently received this note from Sara:

“I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the time and thought you put into your book "Why A Daughter Needs a Mom". My mother bought it for me for my 16th birthday in 2005 when I was beginning to shy away from her. She wrote a short but beautiful note on the first page to let me know how much she loves me. At the time I didn't bother with it too much, but as it nears the one year anniversary of her passing, I cherish this book and her note immensely. I keep it by my bed and read it when I miss her. It reminds me of all the lessons she's taught me and why I loved her so much.”

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Brenda J. Crawfor-Bee said...

I too write inspirational stories and excerpts from entries in my jornal about my journey. What you do is a blessing. I applaud you. I would like for your readers to join me at http://www.Beeblesseddaily.com for a free online Gratitude E-Course, 30 Days to a Happier Heart. Practicing gratitude works for me. It can work for you!

Blessings,
Brenda