Monday, August 11, 2008

Leaving the Nest

I write heartfelt and inspirational stories about family relationships, stories that share wisdom and teach important moral and life lessons, stories from which children and parents might derive hope, guidance and a smile after reading them.

I collect written stories and conduct recorded telephone interviews to gather the information necessary to put together a story for my book projects. Stories are not published as submitted or told but rather are used as anecdotes told by me, the narrator, to help illustrate a message about teaching or cherished moments.

Please visit www.gregoryelang.com and click the red corner on the home page just beneath the “Projects” tab to learn more about what projects I may be working on.

The deadline to offer a mother-daughter story has passed. Please continue to visit this blog for updates on the book as it begins the last leg of its journey toward publication (Spring, 2009).

Now on to today’s post~

Not much to say today, except that I’ll be spending a large part of today and tomorrow helping Meagan move into her dorm room at the University of Georgia. It is a day we knew was coming, a day we have looked forward to for a long time, and it is a day I had secretly hoped wouldn’t arrive as soon as it has. My baby is leaving home.

Tune in Wednesday for news and photos documenting the launch of my daughter from the proverbial nest. And by the end of the week, if all goes well and Daddy isn’t too depressed to function, I plan to launch a new look to this blog.

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: