Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hump Day

Welcome to my blog, a public diary chronicling the joys and frustrations of writing for a living, and a few points of interest along my life's meandering journey.

I write inspirational stories about relationships that share wisdom and teach important moral and life lessons, stories in which the reader might find hope, guidance, rekindled affection and a reason to smile.

Please visit www.gregoryelang.com and click the red corner on the home page just beneath the “Projects” tab to learn more about what projects I may be working on.

Now on to today’s post~

It will be busy in our household the next few days - two football games this week (Jill and I work the concession during one of them) and my photography show opens Saturday evening, plus I’m reviewing my novel Trees with a ghost editor later today. I wish staying busy made me skinny. At the very least I guess it helps keep my joints loose, although the older I get the more convinced I become there is a place for yoga in my future.

I went to Athens to see Meagan on Monday; it seems she misses her Dad more than either of us thought she would. It's nice that she's so close; I can dash over for lunch and still have dinner on the table when Jill gets home (baked chicken, creamy mashed potatoes and sautéed fresh green beans last night, Veggie quesadillas tonight) – she’s so spoiled. Linley and I went on a 45 minute safari yesterday in search of a bagel (she gets "urgent" food cravings right after school) but finding none, she settled for two donuts.

I pitched three new book proposals yesterday to HarperOne. It may be a week or more before I hear a reaction. The best case scenario would be “We’ll have all three,” but that’s being a bit too optimistic. I’ll happily settle for selling just one. I’ll plummet into despair if they say “We’ll have none.” This writing life – it’s like being evaluated at the end of each date, the probability of the next date occurring being directly proportional to how well you knocked her socks off with the last one. Geez, some guys get performance anxiety under such pressure!

My agent says I should write a book about dogs. Jill loves my agent. I really don’t like our dog. I think my time as a happily married man is limited, but Jill and my agent have a promising future.

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: