Friday, February 06, 2009

On the Air

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

Follow-up: Not too long ago I asked you to pray for my prayer partner, C. We chatted over a cup of coffee yesterday and I learned that the reason for her prayer request is being attended to. Thank you, and thank you God. I love this community of Believers!

Tomorrow I get to serve in one of my favorite ministries, The Movers and Shakers. It is a group of volunteers who go out in the community to pick-up donated household furnishings and appliances, restores them, and then delivers them to families in need. I’ll never forget the first day I volunteered for this ministry, the day we delivered three beds to a home where three children had no beds and were sleeping on the floor. Watching them jump with joy as we set up the beds touched me deeply; I think it was the experience that turned me back to serving others rather than pursuing my own interests.

Gosh, I’m so much happier now!

I am very busy each day next week promoting my book “Why I Love You: 100 Reasons” for Valentine’s Day. I have numerous radio interviews, two live television appearances, and a book signing in the Atlanta area. I also have two ministry meetings. I hope you can see I’ll be pressed for time all week. I also hope you won’t mind that in order to save myself some time I will post excerpts from my books each day instead of new blog content. I promise you will find each story is worth your time.

In case you happen to be in the area of one of the radio stations and can listen to the interview, here is my schedule beginning tomorrow and going into next week (all times EST, adjust accordingly):

Saturday at 2:00PM with Darla Shine on Happy Housewives Club, a nationally syndicated radio show, 100+ stations

Monday at 7:17AM on WGUF-FM, Naples, FL

Monday at 8:10AM on KXYL-FM, Abilene-Sweetwater, TX

Monday at 9:00AM on WHBC-FM, Cleveland, OH

Monday at 9:30AM on KYXY-FM, San Diego, CA

Monday at 1:00PM on WICC-AM, Easton, CT

Tuesday at 10:40AM on WFSH-FM (The FISH), Atlanta, GA

Wednesday at 8:10AM on WCBQ-AM and WHNC-AM, Raleigh, NC and Southern VA

Wednesday at 9:00AM, WTHU-AM, Washington, D.C.

Wednesday at 11:00AM, KSBJ, Houston, TX

Wednesday at 1:00PM on The Dr. Pat Show, a 30 minute
segment on a nationally syndicated radio show

Thursday at 7:00AM on Good Day Atlanta, FOX-TV

Thursday at 9:20AM on WMGI-FM, Terre Haute, IN

Thursday at 11:15AM on KKNW-AM, Seattle, WA

Thursday, 6:00-8:00PM at Barnes and Noble, The Forum,
Peachtree Pkwy., Atlanta

Friday at 7:38AM on Sirius Satellite 161 and FamilyNet
Television (national distribution)

BTW, it’s worth pointing out, I think, that I’ve NEVER had this much exposure in my seven years as an author. Wasn’t it I who wondered on Wednesday if God was revealing his plan for me?

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

This is just wonderful! Answered prayer, rewarding service, phenomenal book exposure! God is good!!

beth said...

Hi Greg - It is a gift and a curse, isn't it? Hold on to your private time and life and energy! But yes, I think a plan is unfolding and it is a beautiful one. I am so excited to see your mother/daughter book! -Beth

Beth Jannery said...

I LOVE the new book cover. Many blessings are coming your way, Beth