Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Muddled

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

My mind is too muddled to write much today. Nothings wrong, its just one of those days when nothing comes to the forefront that seems worthy of putting on paper, or in cyberspace.

I do, however, need to finish the article about The Good Samaritan Health Center and get it posted on the church blog; I’m past due completing it. I begin my first day volunteering there tomorrow. I’m working both as a counselor and fundraiser. Tomorrow I’ll become oriented to what they’ve done in the past to raise funds and review the grant opportunities we might apply for. I also work tomorrow afternoon in the International Village in the after-school tutoring program, so Wednesday will be a busy day and should generate plenty of things for me to write about for a few days.

Today I begin reading 1 Kings; didn’t get to it yesterday as planned. Maybe it’s because it is spring and so much needs to be done around the house and yard, but I’ve fallen behind in my Bible reading. I usually read a few chapters each day as well as the scheduled reading in the daily devotional, but now I’m three days behind in the devotional reading. I suppose I could argue the volunteer work has reduced the time I can spend reading, and indeed doing good work is more important that remaining secluded to study the Bible, but I want to do both! I will find a way, I’m sure.

I spoke with my brother the other day; he is struggling with a number of issues and I worry about him. As we ended our phone call I asked if there was anything I could do for him. “Just pray for me,” he answered. I had been anyway, but it felt good to me to become even more passionate in my prayers for him than to cringe at the though of praying like I might have done at times in the past. Thank the Lord for our capacity to change!

OK, on to work now; will post the Good Samaritan article in the AM. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I see your book is available now! Wondering if I may have made it...and of course it's fine if I didn't! Take care! :)