Friday, April 24, 2009

About a Boy

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

I met Cameron and his mom last night; we had dinner together and talked for nearly two hours. He seems like a good kid; certainly is polite. So we agreed to give mentoring a try with each other and then made a list of the things he wanted us to do together. That list includes skateboarding, basketball, football and wrestling. I’m not sure he realizes I’m only 10 months from being a half-century old.

But we did agree that I’ll pick him up from school on Monday and give him a spin through the city in the Porsche, and to have lunch next Saturday at his favorite Chinese restaurant. Eating in definitely one thing we have in common!

Actually, it doesn’t matter what we have in common; what matters is what he likes, and what he needs. This mentoring arrangement isn’t about me, and it isn’t about us. It’s about him. It’s about a boy.

Whoa, I’m working on three projects for the church right now so have been swamped with interviews, photography and writing for that purpose instead of my own pursuits, so not much to put on the blog today except that I’m grateful for my ever widening circle of friends and acquaintances that I’ve met since finding a passion for ministry!

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

No comments: