Thursday, April 30, 2009

Head above water....

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

Don’t fret, I haven’t aborted my journey, but I am walking so fast and so far that I’ve found little time to write. Now that I volunteer for six different ministries and am writing communications pieces for the church, I have little time to sit at my own desk to capture in detail what I’ve done or am doing (I’ve conducted four interviews this week for touchedbyservice.blogspot.com and am in the process of transcribing them, had two meetings at church about creating new ministry brochures, picked up Cameron from school and spent afternoon time with him, making a run to the airport tonight at 10:30PM to shuttle arriving guests, and working tomorrow at Good Samaritan). Please take it on faith that I am serving daily, hours a day, all while racing around to keep my worldly household in order.

This week has been especially trying, but I am happy to say that after a combined total of six hours on the phone with tech support we were finally able to get my DSL modem, wireless router and computer to agree to talk with one another again, the air conditioner works finally again so Jill and I can now get a good night of sleep, and the geyser in my front yard has been capped. All I have left to do now is to shovel the dirt back into the hole and replant the shrubs. Life is simple and sweet, right?

If there is a blessing in all this it surely must be that everything didn’t happen next week, the last few days before Mother’s Day. Now that would have been a disaster as it would have complicated my ability to do the radio tour. Speaking of which, next week my interview schedule is as follows:

Monday: 7:20 on WBNR, New York
9:25 on KFON, Green Bay
9:30 on KKOT, Omaha
10:20 on CRN Digital, national
Tuesday: 9:00 on WNGI, Terre Haute
Wednesday: 9:30 on WTTB, Vero Beach
Thursday: FamilyNet Morning Show, national TV
Friday: 3:18 on WDWS, Champaign, IL

As for Bible reading, I’m nearing the finish line in the book of 2 Kings and Luke. I’m sure you are tired of hearing me say it, but I still find much of the Old Testament laborious reading. That’s fine, though; there is still something to learn about and incorporate into daily living on nearly every page.

Provided another household disaster doesn’t muddle my schedule, I plan to post at least three times next week.

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Tech support can be an "amazing" experience! So glad to hear that everything is communicating as it should! Thanks for posting your schedule for next week...I'll keep you in my prayers as you work to keep all the bases covered!