Monday, June 29, 2009

Good Monday to You!

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

I received this message about a mom’s experience while serving in the garden for the home for adults with disabilities:

“Little did I know when my children and I planted seeds in little pots this spring that we would end up being blessed beyond just harvesting vegetables. Our intentions had been to put our seeds in pots on our back patio and have a "garden experience" over the summer. When we heard the announcement about the creation of a garden in one of the group homes, we decided that this would be where we could donate our plants, get the "garden experience" and help the residents.

I have been amazed at how much this experience has blessed our family. Our kids look forward to going each week and leave telling me how much fun they have had. They have grown out of their shells as they have begun to get to know each of the residents by name and communicate to them. They know each of their likes and dislikes better than me. We have had many in-depth discussions in the car on the way home after each garden experience. These discussions have centered on God's love for us and for others, how He has uniquely created each individual for His purposes, and why we are called to serve others. These discussions are what I have treasured most. Not only are my children seeing all the values a garden experience can bring, they are taking to heart the value of serving others for the cause of Christ.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what it’s all about!

I’m visiting this garden on the 8th and will share the story of my own experience with you after that.

I have finished reading Acts (loved it) and am still working my way through Psalm. I’ve decided to go forward from here reading the Bible in sequence rather than an old and new Testament each day; I’m fining it easier going now that I’ve been reading nearly six months. My, the number of questions that have been answered for me. I’m sure this will not be the only time I read the Good Book cover to cover.

Looking ahead this week – meeting with a home repair ministry tomorrow and will have that story up for you soon, then a day with Cameron, and finally, to work for my paying customers. I’ve got a few projects on my desk that need to be finished; yes, the Lord provides!

Well, I guess that’s enough for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Enjoy your journey through the Psalms...so beautiful and so relevant to the human experience! While it's nearly impossible to have just one favorite, I find myself reading and re-reading Psalm 66. Powerful!