Monday, July 27, 2009

They're Back

This is an account of my efforts to put into action what I learn while reading the Bible, an account of my journey to become closer to God.

Yep, that’s me proving that old white men can jump, but one could debate whether the demonstration was a necessary addition to the knowledgebase. That’s Meagan cracking up alongside me.

So I’m back in the saddle again, or at the very minimum, behind my desk. Funky, ugly stomach bug has moved on to more fertile pastures and Jill and I are eating solid foods again. Not so sure that is a good thing though because after not having a normal appetite for a week even a leather shoe looks edible!

In spite of the bug, somehow we managed to rally and enjoy ourselves at the beach with family (we didn’t pass the bug around, told all my kissin’ cousins they had to wait ‘til Thanksgiving). Twenty-one people in four condos for eight days! Highlights: Got to spend a few days with Meagan, Linley feeding stingrays and a giraffe at the Jacksonville Zoo, 1125 miles and no speeding tickets, I accomplished obtaining five photos for the new book (that means I took nearly 400 to find these five perfect ones), finished a good first draft that I’ll show to Jill later today, one great discussion in the shade between a Baptist, Presbyterian and an Episcopalian, and I managed to hack each of the girls off only once. A new world record!

Ministry updates: We are sponsoring a back-to-school drive for the homeless children of Atlanta (estimated population: 3600 children) and our neighbors have been dropping off backpacks, notebooks, calculators and all the rest for a few days now. We are collecting through Friday and I hope to have an SUV full of goodies to take to the collection center. Thank you neighbors!

Remember the Project Kids Eat ministry I featured a few weeks ago? They mentioned they were in need of books so I made a few calls to my publishers and made the ask. When we arrived home from the beach I found a huge box of books on our front porch. Can’t wait to deliver them! Thanks Sourcebooks!

It has been a year since I had sudden hearing loss in one ear. Yes, I’m left eared. So I go see a new ENT later this week so make sure the good ear is still working as it should, and to inquire about new developments that might restore a bit of hearing in the right ear. Fingers crossed.

Still reading Psalm. With my writing deadlines looming, I’ve read a little less each day than usual, but I’m still plugging along.

Well that’s about all I can say this morning. Now on to tackle the stack of mail on my desk, pay the bills and attend to all the rest that old, fat white jumping men attend to each day.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and please pray for me and my family. Now go out and hug somebody!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

You can jump...oh yes you can! :) One correction - you are NOT OLD!!!